Can you imagine being a dentist? No one looks forward to visiting with you and some people are even afraid of you. When people do schedule an appointment with you, they hope to be in and out of the office as quick as possible. Overall, it can be a pretty thankless job which is why there is National Dentist’s Day.
What is National Dentist’s Day?
National Dentist’s Day is exactly what it sounds like – a day dedicated to showing appreciation to your dentist or any dentist who has an impact on your life. It could be your current dentist who is responsible for helping you keep and maintain your beautiful smile or it could be a childhood dentist who helped teach you how to properly brush and floss.
How Did National Dentist’s Day Get Started?
No one is actually sure how this day actually got started. It is believed that it was created by the American Dental Association as a way to help raise awareness for the importance of oral hygiene and to show appreciation for dentists.
National Dentists Day is on the day is on the same day every year – March 6. This is the day when dental clinics all across the country are encouraged to have their patients take part in this random holiday. Patients can take part in a variety of ways ranging from visiting their dentist or scheduling an appointment to thanking their dentist or just sharing oral hygiene tips with friends and family.
Wondering How You Could Celebrate National Dentist’s Day? Here is How!
There are so many ways you can take part in National Dentist’s Day. We encourage you to do whatever you feel comfortable on this holiday as every little thing you do helps raise awareness for the importance of practicing good oral hygiene.
Not sure what to do on National Dentist’s Day? Here is a look at some examples of ways patients and other individuals have celebrated this holiday in the past:
- Schedule an appointment for a checkup with their dentist. People tend to put off going to the dentist. This holiday is a great day to remember to schedule your annual checkup with your dentist if you haven’t done so already.
- Visit the dentist. If you want to go all out for this holiday, schedule an appointment for a checkup or dental treatment on March 6. That way you can thank your dentist for all he or she has done for you all while making sure your teeth and gums are healthy.
- Stop by and say “hi” to your dentist. Take a moment to stop by and just say “hi” to the office staff at your dentist’s office. It is a nice way to show them how much you appreciate all they do for you. Plus, you might be able to get some samples of toothpaste or dental floss which always come in handy.
- Share your favorite dental stories on social media. Twitter and Facebook are great places to share dental stories on National Dentist’s Day. If you do share a story, make sure to put #NationalDentistsDay. Using that hashtag will allow you to make your stories easily accessible to others who are celebrating this day.
- Brush up on how you can improve your oral health. Ask yourself if you are brushing and flossing as often as you should. If you aren’t, try to commit to making improvements.
- Email or write a letter to your dentist and thank them for all they have done for you.
- Show off your smile. Show the world how your dentist has created a beautiful smile.
If you live in Cocoa Beach, Florida and are looking to schedule an appointment on National Dentists Day, consider Cocoa Beach Family Dentistry. Our dental practice provides comprehensive dental services to patients of all ages. Our services include everything from routine cleanings and application of sealants to fillings, dentures, extractions, and root canals. We even offer cosmetic dentistry services such as teeth whitening and bonding.
Call our office today to schedule an appointment. Even if you can’t make an appointment on National Dentist’s Day, we still look forward to welcoming you to our dental clinic.